01 September 2007

A Good Night in Iraq...

ASU- 34
Michigan- 32


What is being called the biggest upset in all of college football history:

Appalachian State University (Boone, NC), my alma mater, and a level below Division I college football- the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS, formally known as Division I-AA)

DEFEATED

Michigan- ranked #5 in the nation. The game was played in Michigan…

ASU has won the Football Championship Subdivision two years in a row (in a playoff system)… and is well on the way to a threepeat.

I talked before in this blog (see title "300") how football is a great distracter to this 15 month deployment – and with my ASU winning tonight, it was the greatest diversion I could ask for. I smiled; cheered out loud; jumped up and down; wore my ASU hat; and told anyone walking by how proud I am to be from ASU. It was a good night- and good nights are really hard to come by here…

WOW – Go Mountaineers!!!


GEORGE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool man... keep your head held high they looked great

Marie said...

Awesome George. The mood here is Boone is incredible.

Emily said...

I saw the story on Fox News and immediately thought of you, lol. I'm glad you got to see it!