30 January 2007

Why Care?



I’ve been ask how I can be so positive about our mission here.

First, I do not consider myself overly optimistic – It’s just that so many people are negative, that my viewpoint seems positive, when in fact I am much more neutral to hopeful. What I do see is the potential of success… and the possibility for us to not succeed. My vigor is related to the vision of what failure could bring (see my first blog post). All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing (Albert Einstein).

Second, let me say that I have always enjoyed helping others; we all have different gifts, according to the grace given us… If a man's gift is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously (from Romans 12). I may only give as much as a drop in the ocean, but it is as much as I can give. Perhaps my drop can contribute to the tipping point.

I do try to keep things in perspective… praying that I’m granted the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and the ability to know the difference (Serenity Prayer).

George

No comments: